News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Still bit

Started by Ethansauce_, June 30, 2022, 10:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethansauce_

Last monday I went back out to try for another summer 7 gill, had a short window between work and when I was supposed to leave to fish the Patriot the next day. Got to the beach around 5pm and had all the baits dropped and set by 6pm. There was a little bit of salad in the water but nothing heavier supniks couldn't fix. About an hour in my buddy picked up his first run, fought what felt like a good fish for a few minutes before it popped off. This happened 3 more times with fish spitting the hooks pretty early on in the fight. Determined to let the next run chew for bit, around 11:00pm, I waited out a good 15 second run and finally hooked into a fish I'd land.

Funny enough this guy ended up being barely hooked by the time I got him to the beach!

90" / Male / Bonito / 2-4ft / Outgoing / Waning Crescent / LA County

Tried my luck for a third time last night, just about the same timing and set up. I fished until about 12am, no 7s but a fun sized leopard to beat the skunk. Maybe the 7s moved on for now...
Getting skunked on land, pier, and kayak since 01'
@ethansauce_

BenCantrell

That's a fish!! Congrats on the summer sevengill.

vdisney

Chu da man my brother........   8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

Well Damn!  Congrats and it looks like I get to update the list again!

I'm glad to see Sevengill's still hitting the beach.  It's been a downward trend the last few years from the over abundance of them the 3 years prior to the downswing.

Bravo guys!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.