News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

More Money

Started by Tim524, July 19, 2022, 06:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim524

The boat is still in the shop and I have been looking to upgrade from a hand held VHF radio to a fixed mount/flush mount. Lots of options out there but since all my electronics are Garmin, I probably will go with a Garmin radio as well ;) They seem to be back ordered online but the shop has them in stock :o A little bit pricey but I ain't waiting anymore for back order items these days ::) To save another trip to Vista, I will have them install the radio, antenna mount and an 8' antenna while it is already there :) This will add another $1000 to the bill but hopefully I am done hemorrhaging cash so I can finally get this vessel out on the big pond and land a fish other than a Spotted Bay Bass  :-[   Stay tuned, The Cyclops is almost ready :D :D

KogaHead

Your radio is your lifeline in case of emergency, do not get cheap on that piece of gear.

Handhelds tend to get lost or dropped over the side, a good back up, but should not be your primary means of communication.
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Latimeria

For once, I agree with Chris.   ;D

Definitely go to a 25-watt model and only have a handheld for back up.  You'll probably be putting your phone in airplane mode a lot.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Latimeria

With that said, you made the right call. You'll be offshore in no time!

KogaHead

Quote from: Latimeria on July 19, 2022, 11:14:46 AM

Definitely go to a 25-watt model and only have a handheld for back up.  You'll probably be putting your phone in airplane mode a lot.

Just f@#king kills you, doesn't it!!!

;D :o 8) ::) :P :) ;) :D
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Latimeria

Quote from: KogaHead on July 19, 2022, 04:40:58 PM
Quote from: Latimeria on July 19, 2022, 11:14:46 AM

Just f@#king kills you, doesn't it!!!

;D :o 8) ::) :P :) ;) :D

LoL, I'm just training for football season. Got to get my game on point. This is like "spring training" for smack talk.   ;D

Tim524

Making progress  8)

Garmin Radio

Latimeria

Channel 72 is the sh!t show channel. Great equipment Tim!