News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Expensive Lesson

Started by Tim524, August 24, 2022, 03:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim524

So, last Sunday The Cyclops went out to LJ From MB, I prepped the boat Saturday night and got things ready as usual. Rods were placed in the rod holders on each side of the boat, 6 total but I had a brand new Sabiki rod and a brand new Okuma Komodo reel on a Graphtech rod that I didn't feel comfortable putting in the rod holders behind the helm seat so I wrapped them nicely together in a thin Hospital blanket and tucked them on the floor under the other rods in their holders. (Almost put some tape or a strap around them but figured they were heavy enough) Stopped a few miles down the road to get fuel at 5:30 am and then we hauled ass to South Shores. Upon arrival I noticed my rods that were neatly wrapped were gone ??? :o :o Instantly I thought someone at the gas station JACKED them while I was getting fuel because they were on the opposite side of the boat from the pump. I contacted the owner (I know the guy) and asked him to review the camera footage from Sunday morning and he did and confirmed I was the only one at that pump island ;) So apparently my rods and reels worth about $500 did a Mary Poppins out of my boat on the freeway >:( >:(  Lesson learned, never again ! :-[ I guess I am so bummed about it because they were brand new and Sunday was the day to put them to use, oh well, I will chalk it up to experience  and pay more attention to detail in the future. Some lucky bastard got a good deal on new gear if they didn't get too dinged up  ::) ::) Of course prices have gone up since my original purchase so I guess it's time to water the Money Tree again :-\ 

vdisney

Don't know what to say other than bummer
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

Ooomph....  No bueno.

Yep, hard lesson.  I never put my gear in the boat until I get to the ramp because of that.  My buddy puts his stuff in the boat, but always bungees them down even if they seem heavy enough as the bounce of the trailer will lift the biggest rods out.

I feel bad as that's an expensive lesson, but there is one happy road service person doing his community service for drunk driving right now that's happier than a pig in sh!t!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

Same with Tom, rods and tackle storage stays in the truck until we get to launch ramp. Painful lesson. Sorry Tim, I know what feels like and it feels sheety as funk!!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)