News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Dana Wharf

Started by jrodda, August 27, 2022, 10:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrodda

Got the opportunity to work on a couple of their boats and they like me! Friday I got a real trial-by-fire with learning to use the long bamboo gaffs during a dodo bite. f@cked up the first one and lost it, nailed the next 20. Filling out the paperwork on Monday to make the employment official. Super fun getting people on fish, sharing what I know, learning even more, and getting lots of reps on everything.

Got new deck boots for the job.

sasquatch

KogaHead

If you put in 30 years there you get to fish free on their boats the rest if your life.

I used to work on the Clemente and Sum Fun back in the 1970's.

Great fishing back then.

Have fun!!!
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

jrodda

Quote from: KogaHead on August 27, 2022, 04:26:11 PM
If you put in 30 years there you get to fish free on their boats the rest if your life.

I used to work on the Clemente and Sum Fun back in the 1970's.

Great fishing back then.

Have fun!!!

I did the Sum Fun with Bryan last Wednesday and the Dana Pride on Friday. Both solid operations, sounds like I'll be bouncing between the two for now. Jumped on just in time too, seems like the next couple months could be wild.

skrilla

Boots are about 12" too short.  ;)

Wish you the best. Hardest job I ever loved.

Tim524

Congrats, sounds like lots of fun 8)

vdisney

Stoked for you my man
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

Congrats Jeremy!  Len hit the nail on the head when he said the hardest job he ever loved.  I know I learned a ton from my time working on the boats.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

KogaHead

Quote from: skrilla on August 27, 2022, 08:05:57 PM

Yep get some higher ones you look like a googan in those
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

jrodda

Quote from: KogaHead on August 29, 2022, 09:12:14 AM
Quote from: skrilla on August 27, 2022, 08:05:57 PM

Yep get some higher ones you look like a googan in those

They're only 7" too short! I'll grab a pair of the standard xtra tuffs with some tip money but these are chef's kiss.

230 dorado on a 3/4 yesterday, didn't have time to put on sunscreen til we ran out of bait.