News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Cyclops is Progressing

Started by Tim524, August 29, 2022, 09:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim524

I wanted to fish on Sunday since Janie had plans but wasn't sure about launching cause my kids don't drive yet and it's a chore by myself. As I was thinking, my buddy calls me out of the blue and so I asked him if he wanted to tag along, he was thrilled to be asked since he just rolled his Yak in La Jolla a few days prior ;D We met up at South Shores at 6:30 am and off we went 8)

My buddy Richard got a few Macks on the Sabiki and sent one down, instantly got slammed :o

As I was taking the pic I noticed it was barely hooked, before I could say anything it shook off and escaped ::) Not sure it was legal anyway

Myles and I got some Dinks in the mix and then he gets a nice Red (first for him)

We got some nice grade White fish and a few other varieties including a Sculpin

Richard was impressed with the comfort of the boat and the Trolling Motor with Spot Lock was impressive too. It kept us on the Waypoint , no problem

All in all it was a fun day. Actually got some '' Real'' blood on the deck ;D and the new Kill Bag got put to the test as well  8) Taco Tuesday is near ;D

sasquatch

Latimeria

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Latimeria

Great read and pics Tim!  Keep saving things on your sonar so you always have that spot saved.  You never know when you're going to want to check it out when all other spots fail.  I have like 600 waypoints in just a few years on my sonar.

vdisney

It's really good to see another report from you Tim, keep 'em coming
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

Thanks guys, feels good to get out there finally :) And yes I plan on saving the waypoints as the structure in LJ is abundant and spread out.

I was not able to ID this fish from my chart, any ideas ??

Latimeria

Picture is not clear when I zoom in, but looks like a kelp rockfish.

jrodda

Looks like a nice time with variety. Spotlock is a game changer. ABing kelp and brown rockfishes, I agree with kelp.