News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Quiet Check-In

Started by Latimeria, December 17, 2022, 08:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Sorry I've been quiet lately, but my folks have flown into town and the first time in a really long time they are out here.  It's been busy in my house to say the least and this morning I was going to sneak out fishing for a bit and saw the temp at 35 feeling like 32 here... well, my motivation kind of went out the window.

I'm prepping a Chateaubriand dinner tonight for the entire family and need to prep anyway... maybe start having some drinks too.  lol

Well, the website is underway.  One new version was already dismissed and now waiting for a new one to be made that fits what I'm looking for in a modern website.  I'll be looking forward to that.

Anyway, just checking in as I hope people still use the forum to say hello and share stories.  Check in and let us know what's been happening if you haven't been fishing.  i know I'd really appreciate it.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

Cold mornings are getting in my way as well.

Gonna DIY some more boat things today. Repair the wire terminal for my FF, add a GoPro mount to the crate, mark a ruler on the side of the boat, re-write the faded name on the side of the boat, take better pics of my 4 and 6hp outboards to sell (looking for an 8 or 9.8, or both).

If I can fix the FF then I might launch the next few days.

sasquatch

Got lured into closing 3 bars last night. Had a great time though. Hope to make better decisions tonight.

skrilla

Still fishing, still wrapping.

sasquatch

Only closed two tonight. Baby steps.

Fish Jerk

Hit the surf this morning in Malibu for lake like conditions, but cold as a witch's T*T. 44 degrees is darn cold in surf booties and board shorts. Managed 1 10-12" rat calico and a decent 18-19" Halibut so at least I avoided the "Walk of shame" back to the car.

vdisney

Well, things are changing on my end.  My GF moved in a few months ago, and somehow that morphed into us getting married next month.  Never saw this coming  ;)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Fish Jerk

KogaHead

Quote from: vdisney on December 19, 2022, 07:25:25 AM
Well, things are changing on my end.  My GF moved in a few months ago, and somehow that morphed into us getting married next month.  Never saw this coming  ;)

Congrats Verne!!!
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

sasquatch

xjchad

Quote from: vdisney on December 19, 2022, 07:25:25 AM

What!?  Congratulations Verne!  I'm really happy for you!!

Latimeria

HOLY Smokes again!  Congrats Verne!  I'm super stoked for you!

jrodda

Congratulations Verne! That's awesome.

BenCantrell

Awesome Tom that you got to take your parents out. And congrats Verne! Stoked for you. :)

Latimeria

Thanks guys for all of the check ins.  I really appreciate it.