News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

5 Lakes Stocked with Trout! (12/16)

Started by Latimeria, December 18, 2022, 04:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

The puddles were stocked with 2500 pounds of trout, 500 pounds per lake.  I took a break from work in the morning and gave myself 3 hours to fish 3 lakes and hopefully find one of the slugs they planted.

First spot I actually saw one fish on the other side of the lake get caught.  Otherwise, there wasn't any hoot or holler'in going on.  I did see the line bobber drop and knew something hit my line, but it wasn't home.  Whatever it was, it squished the air out of the crawler.

Spot 2 and I basically sat in my truck watching everyone else do the same.  Not a thing for an hour.

I went to spot 3 and there was some action.  I kept seeing bites, but nothing was sticking.

I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the hell kept chewing my crawler, but not getting hooked!  I had 6-7 good hits and rebaited each time...

Then I saw a dot pop up at the surface and realized it was a damn turtle messing with me!  Oh well, at least I figured it out.

Fished 3 lakes in 3 hours for nada.  I guess the fish were taking their brake the same time I was.  Oh well, next time!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

Good try. Those turtles can be a menace. At least you didn't have to land it.

Tim524