News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Just looking

Started by Tim524, December 31, 2022, 07:05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim524

I found myself at Bass Pro yesterday :o ;D Had nothing else to do so Janie and I took a drive just to look ::) We met some friends for lunch in the restaurant and did some shopping and I think it was the first time we left without breaking the bank ;D I picked up a hoodie for 20 bucks (can't beat that) and also a backup rod/reel combo, mainly as a setup for descending rockfish. Penn Warfare
20lw on a 6'6 Penn rod. Nothing fancy or expensive, just an extra rod to have on the boat, that's all ::)

Happy New Year, be Safe !!!

Latimeria

Nice Tim!  Now you're going to have to start buying the pelagic gear!  4 sets of trollers with $2K electric reels, $200 lures.... this is going to be fun to watch!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

Good on ye to commit a rod for rockfish descending.

Tim524

Quote from: Latimeria on December 31, 2022, 11:35:44 AM
Nice Tim!  Now you're going to have to start buying the pelagic gear!  4 sets of trollers with $2K electric reels, $200 lures.... this is going to be fun to watch!

I don't think I will ever get to that point, but I did find myself in Turner's again today, managed to only spent $230 so I have a ways to go before  you can enjoy the Chit Show of Timmy buying out the tackle shops :o ;D

Latimeria

Quote from: Tim524 on January 03, 2023, 07:49:43 PM
Quote from: Latimeria on December 31, 2022, 11:35:44 AM

I don't think I will ever get to that point, but I did find myself in Turner's again today, managed to only spent $230 so I have a ways to go before  you can enjoy the Chit Show of Timmy buying out the tackle shops :o ;D

I'll remember this post and bring it up again 2 years from now to see where you're at.   ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.