News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Senior Angler

Started by Tim524, February 10, 2023, 07:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim524

My dad wanted me to join him at Lake Wohlford for his Senior Angler's Club Trout Derby on Thursday so we got to the lake at 5:45am to a line of cars at the gate. At 6am we walk up to the booth to get our permits and the guy asks "2 seniors?''  :o WTF.......I guess I look the part these days :o :o Oh well, off to the shore to set up shop. As we roll up, some guy is reeling in a nice trout but it was still dark and I didn't get a chance to get a pic but it was a 2 Lbs. (+ -) After getting my rod set up with freezing hands I snapped a few pics and sat in the truck till the sun peeked over the mountain, it was a bit chilly !

When the sun showed up we checked out baits, I got bumped a couple of times but no cigar ::)

The wind picked up a but and it made casting any distance a real problem. My dad's buddy, Mike showed up and hung out but I couldn't stand the wind anymore. I gave him a carton of Night Crawlers and my dad and I drove over to the Cafe to eat and get warm at 11am.

Of course as soon as we left, he catches a nice one and called it a day ::) All in all it was good to hang out with my dad for a few hours. The bait and wait isn't really the way I like to trout fish but it was better than nothing :) Time to get The Cyclops wet again ;)

vdisney

Outstanding Tim, I get the fishing with dad thing.  Good on ya
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

KogaHead

Your a great son!

Welcome to the old farts club!
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Latimeria

Nice on getting the Senior Citizen discount!  ha!

Bummer on no fish, but really cool getting out there with pops!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

Tough morning with being frozen but another memory made.

Pinoyfisher

Fishing while freezing is not fun, but fishing with pops really makes it worthwhile!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)