News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Bart Hall Show

Started by Pinoyfisher, February 15, 2023, 05:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vdisney

Feeling kind of insignificant here, going back through this post I have no idea what these rods even are   :(
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

jrodda

Quote from: vdisney on February 25, 2023, 04:07:51 AM
Feeling kind of insignificant here, going back through this post I have no idea what these rods even are   :(

Jig sticks for jig stick nerds. Ignorance is bliss Verne!

Chris

Don't even try to make sense of it.

Once you learn nomenclatures you'll learn about colored glass and either get hooked or hate everything about it.

I hate everything about the jig stick scene, from the "special colors" to the flat billed hats and everyone sets the handles up wrong for casting. Try to talk sense into the jig stick crowd about how to mount a seat with tape or plate seats and stock clamps with multiple points of contact and they just go cave man on you and push overpriced clamps that promote corrosion on your reel.

With that said. Some of the rods/blanks fit the bill perfectly for throwing antique, non aerodynamic hunks of pot metal relatively far. And they're fun.
Keep it tight

Latimeria

Quote from: Chris on February 25, 2023, 09:46:46 PM
.....fit the bill perfectly for throwing antique, non-aerodynamic hunks of pot metal relatively far. And they're fun.

Well said!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

KogaHead

I'll have to go down to Germaine Marine in AZ and pick me up one of those,
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)