News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

More Fish Identifying as Another (3/6)

Started by Latimeria, March 06, 2023, 06:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Went down to the puddles after work to try and catch some of the fresh stocked trout from Friday.  No one there and perfect trout weather.  I found 6 different trout chilling at the shoreline and tried everything to get them to bite, but no deal.  It was infuriating...

Anyway, 2.5 hours goes pretty quick and my 2 bait rods never moved and the trout in Lake 4 weren't hungry.

With 20 minutes left before they kicked everyone out, I ran to Lake 3 for one last shot at glory!  It was 4:58 and my rod doubled over!  I thought I had the big slug at the bell! 

After fighting it halfway in, I realized it wasn't a trout, but another damn catfish that identified as a trout.  Ugh...

Well, it still was a skunk buster thankfully! 

Anyway, it's nice having some place to fish a half mile away.  I don't like dropping $14 for permit and parking, but it's pretty cheap fun for a quick afterwork session.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

Skunk buster is always a good thing, did you spit on your bait ?? ;D

vdisney

Only a half a mile away?  The $14 wouldn't bother me if we had some kind of water that close.  I'm jealous
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Dark_Knight_9C1

Nice catfish. Did you get it on an inflated nite crawler?
Second what Vern said. I spend more than $14 in gas getting to the beach.

-Keith

Latimeria

Quote from: Dark_Knight_9C1 on March 07, 2023, 04:51:51 AM
Nice catfish. Did you get it on an inflated nite crawler?
Second what Vern said. I spend more than $14 in gas getting to the beach.

-Keith

Yep, the inflated crawler. 

I laugh as I also know it would cost me more than $14 for a bay run so the convenience is perfect for the money.  Only issue is these are tough lakes to fish and I've cursed them out more times than I can remember over the last 20 years.  lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.