News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Whisker Trout (3/20)

Started by Latimeria, March 20, 2023, 08:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Got home from work and needed to rest my back.  What better way to rest it than in the cab of the truck while trout fishing?  ;D

Spot one where I got the trout, I had two really good hits.  The first one was on Powerbait and I could tell it was a nice trout.  It hit the surface, thrashed for a split second and just wasn't there anymore... Jeez...  WTF?

These two honkers had me pinned in the truck begging for food.  the only thing I had was Tic-Tacs, but they weren't interested.

One more hit and I watched the fish indicator drop, but when I grabbed the rod, no one was home....

I had an hour left before I had to head back home and decided to try another lake.  I get there and after casting out the freshly inflated nightcrawlers, I saw two honkers running down the parking lot at me!  I must apparently look like someone that feeds them a lot because they sure acted like they know me.

I just started to recline the seat when I saw the bobber drop and made a dash to the rod!  It felt like a really nice one and this time I was armed with 4# test!  lol
This was definitely the biggest fish this particular rod ever caught and I was happy to fight it.  Damn these cats have just been slugs here as of late.

It had a funny shaped head and looked like it was in these ponds for a bit, so I let him go to grow and get uglier.

That was it.  I'm liking this quick fishing after work and only having to drive a half mile to get home.  lol

Thanks for reading!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

Quote from: Latimeria on March 20, 2023, 08:01:19 PM
Got home from work and needed to rest my back.  What better way to rest it than in the cab of the truck while trout fishing?  ;D

Genius
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

KogaHead

you could not catch a trout at a fish market!
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Latimeria

Quote from: KogaHead on March 21, 2023, 09:20:47 AM
you could not catch a trout at a fish market!

It figures you would know what fish they sell at the market.  You've been stopping there for decades after every single fishing trip you're on.  ;D

Tim524

Maybe the trout might like a Tic Tac  ;)

Latimeria

Quote from: Tim524 on March 21, 2023, 08:25:53 PM
Maybe the trout might like a Tic Tac  ;)

I forgot my bait thread though.  lol  ;D

jrodda

Lol to the feeding geese tic tacs. Might need to bring out the whisker trout tourney at this rate.