News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

New Pistola

Started by xjchad, April 04, 2023, 08:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xjchad

My awesome wife let me get a new pistol for our anniversary!
I've been wanting to get a more powerful handgun for being in the woods up here.  My 9mm seems dainty with all be big game we have around, especially with more grizzlies being seen in the areas I hunt/fish/camp.
I found a great deal online for a Springfield XD-M Elite in 10mm.  I already have a 9mm XD Subcompact, and really like the platform, so I expect this will be the same.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/xd-series-handguns/xd-m-elite-handguns/xd-m-elite-45-osp-10mm-handgun/

Can't wait for the call from my FFL!

Tim524

Nice piece, I think 10mm is the only caliber I don't own yet.

Latimeria

That's what a novice I am in this.  I didn't know they made a 10mm!

Nice anniversary gift Chad!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

Happy Anniversary my brother, to both you and the wife.
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

skrilla

10mm, because shooting twice is silly!

xjchad

Quote from: Tim524 on April 04, 2023, 12:37:21 PM
Nice piece, I think 10mm is the only caliber I don't own yet.

It's coming back into popularity and not as scarce or expensive as it used to be.  It's an awesome round, and the XDM Elite has a 16+1 capacity.

xjchad

Quote from: Latimeria on April 05, 2023, 06:39:08 AM
That's what a novice I am in this.  I didn't know they made a 10mm!

Nice anniversary gift Chad!

You should at least try one at the range, lots of fun!

xjchad

Quote from: vdisney on April 05, 2023, 04:42:35 PM
Happy Anniversary my brother, to both you and the wife.

Thank you Verne!  I am so blessed!  She's an amazing woman who gives me a lot of grace. 

xjchad

Angry

Those are nice pistols.  Not sure if you reload but I really like a 200gr bullet out of my M&P 10mm, as opposed to the 180gr most commercial ammo offers.  Good for all sizes of varmints, 2- and 4- legged.