News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Point Loma

Started by Tim524, April 23, 2023, 09:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim524

Took The Cyclops to Point Loma on Saturday to look for Sheephead, it was a beautiful day 8)

Got to our spot and dropped down a frozen shrimp, 1 minute into it I sot slammed by something Big :o 3 or 4 solid runs pulling drag like crazy, then dead weight and popped my 25Lb. leader >:(

Made a move since that was the only action there, decided to fish the pipe and landed a couple Gophers (thanks, Tom for the fish ID)

Myles is usually the Hot Stick and lands the first fish but he was not having much luck, but he was comfortable ;D

This was Janie's first trip in open water and she got to use her new rod and reel to feel the fish nibbles. She had a great time until blowing chunks ruined her day ::)

My buddy hooked a Sculpin that had Myles' broken leader in it's mouth, got his swivel and hook back ;D

I scratched a nice Whitefish to at least have some taco meat since we ditched the gophers 8)

The day was still young so we headed int The Bay, it was a SH%T Show to say the least, every sailboat and big Yachts were on the water and had no problem waking us out as we tried to fish for Spotties >:( My buddy got a nice one on a homemade A-Rig  8)

Made it back to the Launch Ramp and had to wait for the Tour Boat to get towed out of the water. All in all, it was a slow but fun day, just not sure Janie is sold on open water fishing, same with Max, weak stomachs will keep them in the Bay from now on I think :(

Thanks for the Radio Chat, Tom, it was a beautiful day out there, I'm going out again on Wednesday if conditions allow ;)

jrodda

Nice day! They just need to grow into the open water. Try a dab of peppermint oil on the roof of the mouth when feeling woozy.

vdisney

Awesome Tim, good to see a report from you on the open water.  Bummer about her getting sick, that sucks
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

Good talking with you out there.  You're going to need to take that boat on a trip offshore just to see new areas and wildlife if the open water!

Really bummer on the lost 60# white sea bass.  Did he bite through the line?

(I'm just teasing you, but it well could have been!)  lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

Didn't bite thru the line, after the runs it just stopped, thought I was hung up in the kelp so I tugged a bit harder and popped the leader in 1/2 :(