News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

A Call for Articles

Started by Latimeria, April 25, 2023, 06:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

The new website continues and I'm looking to update some of the leading articles on the site.  If you would like to write an article (fishing related), please submit an article on the forum and I'll transcribe it to the front page of the website.  I'm going to receive some SWAG from the sponsors to reward any articles that are submitted.

I'll even let Kogahead write an article on "How to get more wins and still lose in Fantasy Football".  After all, he's the subject matter expert on that topic.   ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

I'd be more than happy to write something up. I'll brainstorm some stuff but if you have any ideas in particular let me know.

Koga could also write a book on how to hang around a fishing forum for years without ever having written a report! Quite an impressive streak this has been for him.

Latimeria

Quote from: jrodda on April 25, 2023, 11:23:51 AM
I'd be more than happy to write something up. I'll brainstorm some stuff but if you have any ideas in particular let me know.

Whatever article it is, make sure it's something you are confident in.  I'll look through my articles and see if there are any gaps, but it can be something you saw as a deckhand that was genius and or extremely perplexing from the anglers while out fishing.  I'm also looking for stories as well as articles so the world is your oyster!

Quote from: jrodda on April 25, 2023, 11:23:51 AM
Koga could also write a book on how to hang around a fishing forum for years without ever having written a report! Quite an impressive streak this has been for him.

I see some pictures of him with fish, but I think they were taken back in the SCSF days 15 years ago.  He can say he doesn't know how to post, but he can post up a picture of me in a clown outfit so I suspect his daily deep enema's are starting to affect his memory.   He still thinks he can beat me in Fantasy Football, so there's proof right there.  ;D

KogaHead

Tom,

You are the master of the Five Knuckle Shuffle, Jrodda told me so.
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Latimeria

Maybe start with small inflatable fishing since that is something both you and Chris both have a lot of experience with.  Kind of talk about the limitations and possible issues and how you designed things to overcome them.  That or maybe some of the do's and dont's as a a person coming aboard a sport boat for a half day trip.... 
I'm just spitting out some ideas.

jrodda

Quote from: Latimeria on May 03, 2023, 08:32:19 AM
Maybe start with small inflatable fishing since that is something both you and Chris both have a lot of experience with.  Kind of talk about the limitations and possible issues and how you designed things to overcome them.  That or maybe some of the do's and dont's as a a person coming aboard a sport boat for a half day trip.... 
I'm just spitting out some ideas.

Inflatable idea is great. Been meaning to put a little video walkthrough as well.

jrodda

Got titles for both ideas, I'll go to work on them this week....

Latimeria

Quote from: jrodda on May 03, 2023, 10:49:27 AM
Got titles for both ideas, I'll go to work on them this week....

Excellent!