News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Long Overdue Swine Festival

Started by Tim524, July 17, 2023, 09:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim524

2018 was our 25th Annual Pig Party, then life and Covid happened ::) so it was time to rally the troops again and make more memories with Pig Party 26 8) It starts with lots of planning and multiple shopping trips and tons of work  :o After last month's facelift on the pit, It was Janie's turn to pick out a few items at the store ;D

Then a few days before (Thurs and Fri) the Trailer Trash starts showing up ;D Only had 5 or 6 rigs and a few tents this year ::) Some setup shop next to The Cyclops  ;D

Why not have a party before the party.....everybody in the pool ! ;D

Time for the work to begin, getting the pig ready and setting up for the big day :)

Can't cook without fire and 3 trailer loads of wood 8)

All buried and time to check for leaks ;)

Off to bed at 2am only to get up and get ready for the big reveal :) Start digging it up at 4pm, Party time !

Time to eat, but first I had to change into my proper shirt ;D

We had a High School Reunion while we were at it. About 25 or so out of 160+ people were from the Class of 1985 8)

My dad's shirt was as loud as mine  :o

Great time had by all even if it was 102 :o

Till next year.......SQUEAL like a pig ;D

vdisney

It seems like a lot of work Tim, but the results look amazing.  Friends and family  :)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

My apologies that I couldn't make it Tim.  I have to say, that I was starting to sweat just looking at those pictures and thinking triple digit heat!

Wonderful post and spread as usual!  Class of 85, huh? 

Awesome loud shirt to boot!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

KogaHead

2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

vdisney

Quote from: Latimeria on July 18, 2023, 06:13:20 AMClass of 85, huh?

As in 1985???  Holy sh!t man, I feel really old.  Class of '68 here

Latimeria

Quote from: vdisney on July 18, 2023, 09:27:09 AM
Quote from: Latimeria on July 18, 2023, 06:13:20 AMClass of 85, huh?

As in 1985???  Holy sh!t man, I feel really old.  Class of '68 here

Holy smokes, the 60's? I don't even think my folks were married yet.   :o ;D ;D ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

My parents were married in 63, my sister was born in 64 and I was born in 67......Senior discounts now  ;D

vdisney

Quote from: Tim524 on July 18, 2023, 09:18:48 PM
I was born in 67......

Holy Moly, I am old!!!  I got drafted when you were 2 years old

jrodda

Wow you guys ARE prehistoric.

That is a ton of work Tim but the results must be spectacular if you keep coming back to it time and again!

Pinoyfisher

I sure wish I could've joined, but something came up. I was really hungry that day too!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)