News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Well, It was bound to happen...

Started by Latimeria, July 19, 2023, 02:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

My Sonar finally bit the dust.  Was getting a little sketchy for a while, but now toast.  Power is getting to the unit but it is dead as a doornail.

Problem with having a good unit is I'm not sure I can mentally downgrade.  That and just praying I saved all my waypoints, or I'm starting all over.  I remember saving them to the chip, but have never explored if they were really on there or not.  I guess we'll have to see or start all over again. 

Ugh....
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

Sucks...and I might be right there with you. Although you do have a nicer unit. I redid my connections and still nothing. I might go the rest of the year just using the navionics on my phone.

Tim524

vdisney

I hope this isn't a look into my future with the boat, bummer Tom
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

sasquatch

That sucks. Hope those waypoints are still there.

Tim524

This makes me think a pencil and a piece of paper might be a wise choice for a backup, or at least a screenshot of the list of waypoints on the unit, something we never think to do :(

Latimeria

Quote from: Tim524 on July 20, 2023, 06:08:22 AM
This makes me think a pencil and a piece of paper might be a wise choice for a backup, or at least a screenshot of the list of waypoints on the unit, something we never think to do :(

I have 700+ waypoints, so a pencil and paper is out of the question. lol

Latimeria

After unraveling about 8 feet of electrical tape and I found this on the old unit, so it probably still works fine, I just need to install a new power line.

KogaHead

2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Tim524

All that tape and still it corrodes ::) I hate when that happens ??? ???

vdisney

Quote from: Latimeria on July 22, 2023, 07:37:23 PM
so it probably still works fine, I just need to install a new power line.

Fingers crossed for you Tom, keep us posted
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect