News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

1 In Every 3 Casts... Until the Magnets Showed Up (9/9)

Started by Latimeria, September 09, 2023, 02:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

I'm heading out in my buddy's boat tomorrow to do a little experimental fishing.  Basically we're going to have a Plan-A to Plan-F so need to figure out what tackle I'm going to bring. 

In the meantime, I woke up pretty early to at least give the bay a go.  I threw the 98RS LC looking for a corvina, but they weren't cooperating.

I just decided to catch something because in the past few months I've struck out with my "Go Big or Go Home" mantra.  I switched up to a weedless grub and the fish were just on fire!  I did lose quite a few due to the "weed-guard", but basically got bit on every three casts for the next hour or two.  Mostly typical 10" models, but got a handful of bigger ones up to ~15".

I forgot how fun it was "Pickle Bass'in"

The Eternity rod is so much fun on these critters!

I got a half dozen that were 12" or more which was really nice.

My big one put up a scrappy fight from the rocks!

I watched a few guys in the distance fishing, but my old eyes (even with glasses) are terrible.  As I was fishing, I hear a "Hey, Hey you..."....  I turn around and it's no other than Phong and Nicky!  LOL, I swear I always seem to bump into them down there!

We fished and caught up for a bit.  Phong and Nicky both lured all the fish to them and for some reason all of my bites stopped!  lol

They caught a bunch of quality spotties before I had to make my way back.  As I got closer to my truck, I cast out and on the first retrieve, get slammed.  I picked up a few more spotties and called it the morning.  I'm guessing I got around 20 this morning.  It was one of the better shore spotty trips in a while, so I left satisfied.

I'm sure whatever bass lips I didn't pierce, Phong and Nicky did.  That area will need to recoup.  LOL

Thanks for reading!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

Super solid spotty session.

Curious to see what Plans A-F are for you tomorrow, good luck.

Latimeria

Quote from: jrodda on September 09, 2023, 03:01:47 PM

I know what I want to do, but my buddy has different ideas.  We have literally 6 options, but his PLAN-A is something I don't fish for too much... if ever.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

skrilla

That's quite the roster for that piece of shoreline. Those bass never had a chance.  ;D

Tim524

3 Slayers on one body of water, fish will be scarce for a while  ;D Nice session 8)

jrodda

Quote from: Latimeria on September 09, 2023, 04:07:50 PM

I know what I want to do, but my buddy has different ideas.  We have literally 6 options, but his PLAN-A is something I don't fish for too much... if ever.

needlefish

vdisney

Awesome session Tom, we haven't had a 20 fish day in a month
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: jrodda on September 09, 2023, 07:40:11 PM
Quote from: Latimeria on September 09, 2023, 04:07:50 PM

needlefish

thornbacks
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

KogaHead

I miss the spotties glad to see you kooks got together.
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)