News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Went Small

Started by Latimeria, March 29, 2015, 01:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

I was pretty beat up this morning and didn't want to deal with the crew races, but I did anyway.  I brought 3 small rods to pick up some corvine, bass and halibut.

I started with the spook and had a few smaller needle fish pop me.  I then get a big hit and it was a pretty big needlefish.

Damn, I'd figure myself cursed for the day and I then get the right blow up!  Classic explosion and fight until I got him close enough before he took a sportsman's release.  Only a 16-17" model, so it wasn't anything special.

As the light started to head up in the sky, I realized that I may be cursed.  There was even drowned rats inhabiting the beach.

It got light and I switched to the swimmy.  I started with a dark green back/orange belly MC I got at the show yesterday and picked up 5 fish from 10" - 14"

I went through a couple of swimmies before switching over to the light blue bay smelt.  I picked up 3 to 16" and called it the day.

Fun few hours of fishing and I ran to Dana to get some reel hardware.  The bay was PACKED!  That was it for me.  I picked up my stuff and headed out east to kick my feet up and take a little siesta!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

SevengillTheVC

Needlefish are pretty sweet, saw a video of a lady getting a tracheotomy by one, pretty gnarly. Nice bass as usual!

Eric H

sasquatch

raychavez91

Nice mini session...I'm definitely find have to try 1 before work ,1 of these days

WheresMyBeer

Nice Mission mission TOM ... 8) 8)

HalibutJoel99

Very cool Needlefish on the top water Tom.

j.rasta

Needle fish in the dark must have been fun, can believe he didn't get all lassoed. Pretty decent bassin boss B) Glad to see u takin it easy ;)

Tim524

I need to float  the Ass Rack soon, glad you got some fish that were easy on the back 8)

Sticks

Thats one toothy criter

BackBayMan

Never seen a needlefish 8)
Anybody have an emergency beer?