News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Micro Bassing 10/15

Started by jrodda, October 15, 2023, 10:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrodda

Met up with Tommy from Charkbait this morning to poke around with a micro rig at Huntington Central Park Lake. Trying to get a green sunfish out of there, maybe a plecco.

Showed up at 0700 and Tommy was alternating between a frog and a trout tail. Some bass busting occasionally kept him picking up the frog. I started with a micro hair jig under a float and switched to red worms on a #14 hook after 20 minutes.

Moved around a bit before finding a productive spot. Float finally moved and I broke my 3 year freshwater skunk.

I ended up with 5 green bass in this spot while Tommy was able to nab one on the trout tail. These might have been the smallest 5 bass I've ever caught.

Poked around a little more but no new species. Good time hanging with Tommy. Left at 9:45 to watch football. Should hit the surf with him this week, see how that goes.

Latimeria

Quote from: jrodda on October 15, 2023, 10:47:24 AM
These might have been the smallest 5 bass I've ever caught.
I guess you and Koga have a lot more in common than I previously realized? haha

Thanks for the report Jeremy.  It feels good to zig against everyone else's zag.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

vdisney

Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

jrodda

Quote from: vdisney on October 16, 2023, 03:18:33 AM
Did you weight them?    ;D

I was thinking, his 6" bass might have outweighed my best 5 combined. ;D