News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

They Survived the Purge! (10/23)

Started by Latimeria, October 23, 2023, 05:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

I got home and my wife and daughter went for their horseback lessons.  I on the other hand took my telescoping rod down on my bike to the "Secret Lake" only Sasquatch might know about.  I had an hour, but since I didn't purchase a card, I was a hit and run on my go-to spot.

I cracked a can of corn, stuffed the bike in the bushes and cast out the 6# gear.  I was ready to leave after 20 minutes since the carts were driving by regularly, when I noticed the rod doubled over in the tulies.

I can't believe I got it out, or should I say the fish got it out, but it was a chore bellying him for a picture and getting him back before the camper's kids all descended on me!

My guess is 9-10 lbs.... and they are smellier than I remember.  or that I haven't caught one in a while...

I deciding going back tomorrow or not, but I think I was called out by some kid.  LOL
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

Good sized carp on 6#. Did you use a hair rig or feed the corn straight on a shank?

vdisney

Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

Quote from: jrodda on October 23, 2023, 10:21:58 PM
Good sized carp on 6#. Did you use a hair rig or feed the corn straight on a shank?

Small treble with a kernel on each hook is my go-to.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524