News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Icing My Back *Pics Updated* (3/31)

Started by Latimeria, April 01, 2015, 06:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

I'll have to get pictures up later, but our Tuesday session turned out pretty good for me.  I think I got 5 or 6 legit fish and now I'm icing my back.  I should have just waited to write about it later when I got the pictures on Photobucket, but a little anticipation doesn't hurt.   8)

They even c*ck blocked me where I was stuck fishing in the middle again, but the lucky spinner was en fuego!   8)

Super windy conditions

The skunk is off!

Steve's Skunk is gone too.  It wasn't Ray's night.

I then get a big run from a medium sized model of bat.  Biggest fish that I've tested my back on in months.

I got a much bigger model hooked up next.  I was pretty sure it was a 52-55 inch model by the fight, but after beaching her.... we saw she was hooked in her belly which made the fight that much harder.  Still a nice bat overall and trumped my last one.

I caught a few more oobly gooblies like a small butter and some sharks before getting a nice sized butterfly!

It was nice out and not much happening.  I'm stoked to have the hot stick and I woke up with a sore back.  Time to ice it again.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Jaws

WTG Tom! But I think you are massively pushing your luck my friend!Please be careful dude!
It's all Tom and Don's fault! They "hooked" me on mud marlins and sharks!

SNBF VI  Winner

raychavez91

Definitely a nice 1st experience for Mission bay, even if I did get skunked. It's always nice getting out and trying new areas...and finishing up with an in n out 4x4 is always nice

j.rasta

BS without pics B) I take it by legit fish u meant legal bass ;)

Nice work boss, an invite would have been nice :/ I got off work late anyway I woulda pulled up an hr b4 the old folks homes sent out the search parties 4 u n squatch lmfao!

sasquatch

Quote from: Latimeria on April 01, 2015, 06:50:36 AM
I'll have to get pictures up later, but our Tuesday session turned out pretty good for me.  I think I got 5 or 6 legit fish and now I'm icing my back.  I should have just waited to write about it later when I got the pictures on Photobucket, but a little anticipation doesn't hurt.   8)

They even c*ck blocked me where I was stuck fishing in the middle again, but the lucky spinner was en fuego!   8)

What pictures? I got some pictures to put up too.

Rammer

Rammer

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

WheresMyBeer

Horizon looks ominous ... just goes on forever LOL ...

Nice haul ... 8) 8)

sasquatch

raychavez91

vdisney

Looks good, glad you're getting out there..................V
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Eric H

WheresMyBeer

SevengillTheVC

Nice, still don't know what I'm looking at when I see those butters. How many inches? Was salad an issue, looks like that big surf left a lot on the beach. Good job again Team SD!

Latimeria

Quote from: SevengillTheVC on April 01, 2015, 08:32:42 PM
Nice, still don't know what I'm looking at when I see those butters. How many inches? Was salad an issue, looks like that big surf left a lot on the beach. Good job again Team SD!
It was probably just under 3 feet.  We got this guy in the bay as the bay usually has a lot more of them than in the ocean.  We've caught some slobs before, but most have no or a very small spine.

I have some good pics somewhere, but maybe this one is a little better on perspective.

You can't catch them from your computer chair.