News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Fishing plans over the holidays?

Started by Latimeria, December 16, 2023, 06:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

What are you planning or hoping to fish for before the year is out?

I'm planning on a local yellow hunt, a final rockfish trip, and at least one hooping trip if not two.  I'll be on a couple of boats, so not sure of what order.  I would be out today, but another Christmas party and family plans have made today obsolete.

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Fish Jerk

Hit the sand today for a session. Picked up a legal halibut and 7 calicos to 16".

jrodda

Congrats on the legal and a beautiful golden calico there!

I would like to get a legal halibut by year's end, or even just a halibut of any quality. By surf or boat. Haven't gotten one this year so it would be nice to put it on the stat sheet. Doesn't look like I will get my shot at local WSB this year so I'll save that for next year.

I was also wanting to go hit the 14 for deep rockfish again but it's hard to say if I will get that opportunity with inclement weather rolling in this week. Would be nice to put some rockfish in the freezer before close.

That's really it, I successfully hit almost all my other targets this year which is pretty sick.

Latimeria

You have the bass and butts dialed in from/for shore!  ;D

How many legal butts have you caught this year?  It seems like a dozen or more.

Fish Jerk

Quote from: Latimeria on December 18, 2023, 05:36:35 AM
You have the bass and butts dialed in from/for shore!  ;D

How many legal butts have you caught this year?  It seems like a dozen or more.

Haven't kept count, but I feel like I've gotten quite a few compared to the amount of time I was able to get out to fish this year. Between weekend weather, the heart attack and moving, I've only been able to get out about 1/2 as much this year as I normally would have. Just thankful that I'm still able to fish at all.

jrodda

Your big jig success finally put me over Tom...been wanting to try this kind of thing for a long time and I think if I don't get a lingcod doing this I should have no problem around the 14 hooking into big ass Mexicans. Might try bonito strips on the hook before I do the glow. Or...por que no los dos...

Latimeria

Quote from: jrodda on December 19, 2023, 12:33:22 PM
Your big jig success finally put me over Tom...been wanting to try this kind of thing for a long time and I think if I don't get a lingcod doing this I should have no problem around the 14 hooking into big ass Mexicans. Might try bonito strips on the hook before I do the glow. Or...por que no los dos...

I have the big Mogambos with 24 oz lead heads.  They crushed it up in WA, but I need to do some more deep dropping with them at the honey hole.

KogaHead

Golfing and going to the shooting range.

Fishing starts in January with one LMB tournament a month.

https://phoenixbassmasters.net/
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Latimeria

Quote from: KogaHead on December 19, 2023, 01:44:32 PM

I'm embarrassed to be a weekend warrior these days, but I'm not sure if there is a word for a guy who fishes only once a month....  maybe a "Periodic Poacher"... I'll have to sit on this one for a bit.  LOL

KogaHead

Quote from: Latimeria on December 20, 2023, 05:58:24 AM
Quote from: KogaHead on December 19, 2023, 01:44:32 PM

I'm embarrassed to be a weekend warrior these days, but I'm not sure if there is a word for a guy who fishes only once a month....  maybe a "Periodic Poacher"... I'll have to sit on this one for a bit.  LOL

Surrounded by Sand SOS
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)