News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Rain's Got Me Excited 12/19

Started by jrodda, December 19, 2023, 12:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrodda

Whenever I see a cold front come through I always get to thinking about striped bass making a showing. Somebody got one in the OC yesterday to validate that intuition once again. I went out this morning throwing jerkbaits thinking any cast, any bite could be a striper.

So an hour in when I missed a good bite a lot of angry noises came out of my throat, then I said to myself "it was just a perch, don't think about it." Well I don't know for sure. Then I missed another couple bumps and started to think maybe I did find a perch hole. I was a few steps away from that hole when I finally connected with a skunk busting 11" perch.

Nothing else for the morning. Thinking I might add to this report with an afternoon session in a few hours at a different beach but we will see.

Latimeria

Man, you know you missed a striper bite, right?   8) ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Fish Jerk

Stripers always feel like a perch when they bite.  ::)

jrodda

Ya'll are the worst!!!

Wind is picking up, gonna skip out on the afternoon session, but I wanna try one of the local rivers when things get real snotty in the upcoming days.

vdisney

A perch is more than I've caught in over a month, I'm jealous
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

Striper, Perch.......Same thing  ;D ;D

Fish Jerk

jrodda

I want stripes not bars! Striped perch would be sick, I don't think they get below Pt. Conception though.

Latimeria

Quote from: jrodda on December 20, 2023, 02:21:34 PM
I want stripes not bars! Striped perch would be sick, I don't think they get below Pt. Conception though.

Yeah, but you totally lost a local striped bass... 

Latimeria

BTW, my buddy just lost his first striped bass in the surf this morning.  Rough surf and he thought he hooked a big perch at first until he saw it.