News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Big Lures= Big Fish (12/23)

Started by Latimeria, December 23, 2023, 02:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Except in my case this morning. I heard of a striper caught last week in the bay and had visions of beating Jeremy to the punch (although I've caught them in Torrey Pines before, just for the fun of competition)

I tried the LC for an hour for nada...

I tried a 4" MC on a 1/2oz head figuring I could avoid the Pee-pee bass.... but nope.  Pee-pee bass love the 4" MC also.

I caught a half dozen with none over 10" and decided to head home.  On the way, I felt the need to take an exit and look for some fossils.  My plan was to only take really nice ones and leave the encased nodules and pieces behind. 
I got a pocket full and scored my first Shark tooth from this spot.  Looks like a sand tiger, but it's really worn so I'm not 100% sure.  I'm not even 100% of this age of the fossils since it is fill from the 1950's and the location of the fill has never been disclosed.

Anyway, cool find.  I thought it was a bit of twig or crab claw at first, but I grew a big smile after I picked it up.

Well, it just felt good to get out of the house this morning.

Thanks for reading!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

The race continues. Though I don't see any time to fish through xmas. Nice try though.

vdisney

Fish & Fossils, what more could you ask for
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

Latimeria

You can't catch them from your computer chair.