News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

2024 Garden Thread

Started by Latimeria, January 05, 2024, 05:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Nice! 

Damn skunks dug up and ate all my corn seeds.  Oh well.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

Quote from: Latimeria on July 27, 2024, 04:08:12 PM
Nice! 

Damn skunks dug up and ate all my corn seeds.  Oh well.

You need a Mongo !

Latimeria

I can't even fit all the garden in a picture, but I think I must have collected 20+ pounds of green beans and wax beans over the last month.

Zucchini is about spent.  That plant really just kicked out more Zukes than I could handle.

My garden was all weird this year.  I usually have bumper crops of tomatoes but have been struggling with them as the birds are taking out over have of my harvest, so vine ripening is almost out of the question.  Cucumbers were planted back in March, but refused to grow... Now they are taking over the garden and I can't keep up with the daily harvests.

Today I'll be pulling the last of the Walla Walla onions, multi-color carrots, green beans and zucchini.  I'll probably replant right away to try and get another harvest this year, but switch things up.  My strawberriy plants are trying to outgrow their raised planted, but the birds and bugs eat all the strawberries they produce.  I think they'll be more of the winter harvest.

Latimeria

I have a single ear of corn growing.  Worst Tomato and Corn crop in 25 years, but good god when it came to cucumbers and zucchini!

Latimeria

I just pulled my last harvest of the year.  I actually have more coming, but I thinned out the garden a bunch after that last heat wave.

I planted corn.... and this is all I got to harvest this year..   hahahaha

jrodda

I'm sure Koga could find use for one of those big zucchinis.

For some reason we couldn't grow corn for sh!t in Thousand Oaks.

Home grown veggies with some home caught marlin sounds pretty good right now...