News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

After the Rain 2/1

Started by jrodda, February 01, 2024, 09:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrodda

Hyped up this morning all week to try a thing for stripers. Slept absolutely horribly, decided to not derail the rest of my day with a morning trip and slept in. Went about my day grub hubbing, about 1400 I was driving over PCH around Huntington Harbor and saw the swell smacking the jetty. Looked rugged and thought I would go off the clock and stare at it for a few minutes. Got on the sand and realized the 7' @ 7 sec swell really falls apart on the outside. Inside trough actually looked super fishable. So I set up a 1oz dropshot with crack at the car and hopped back on the sand for a few casts hoping for maybe some bigger models to be swimming in the washing machine.

Second cast and I was hammered by a 10" breeder BSP. Couple other aggressive bites, moved over a bit and found the croaker. Back to back 12" YFC. Became a mix of quality fish. 6 YFC to 14", 4 BSP most around 10", 2 WSP around 9". Fished a little more than an hour. Tide wasn't moving too much, but just enough water receded for the inside trough to become less obvious, and the bites slowed. Not bad for a spontaneous trip.

vdisney

WTG Jeremy, 12 fish in one session is more than I caught all of January.  Some quality perch also
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

Wow, that's a good count with variety as well 8)

Latimeria

Great variety and numbers Jeremy! 

Too bad by sleeping in, you probably missed the early striper bite.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.