News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Back to My Nemesis...

Started by Latimeria, February 06, 2024, 02:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Man, it was perfect out after work.  raining, but not too bad.  I set up right where I saw some fish caught the day prior.  I had 2.5 hours to get me some trout!

White Pelicans were chasing trout around the entire lake.

I look out the window of the truck to see the strike indicator in the water and line slack!  I ran down and started reeling AND.... No One was home.  Worm was a little chewed up, but weird.... Strike 1

A little while later and my other rod has the strike indicator pinned but there was only a slight bend in the rod.  I ran down and felt something, but not sure what it was.  I set the hook and no one home... Strike 2

5 minutes before closing time and this time I see the rod go full bendo!  I ran to the rod and just as I was reaching to grab the rod from the holder.... Gone....  Strike 3 and I'm out...

Oh well, I actually had a lot of confidence on this trip, but that's what I get for thinking I figured out the SL Puddles...

Next time....
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

Nice try. I thought this afternoon would have been better than it was. Lots of interesting and special conditions around.

vdisney

You are persistent my friend   8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect