News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Birthday Bugs (2/22)

Started by Latimeria, February 23, 2024, 05:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

I powered through and loaded the boat with all of my lobster gear.  Solo trip to clear my mind and do some reflection.

I get down to the ramp to see some tweeker dragging a branch back and forth along the ramp and a few kids on the dock fishing.  One of the drawbacks of going solo, but I took care of business.

Just then I realized I forgot all of my lights... No Headlamp... No Spotlight... f@ck me.

I dropped my 5 hoops for 5 sets over a couple of spots...  Man, It was really tough hooping out there.....

I've been spoiled this year since I'm usually weeding through triple digit counts and getting a bunch of lobster.  Tonight, I only caught 6 lobster total... Good god, what a tough go at it.

The good thing, is I found 2 legal bugs... Not bad considering, so I got home at 2:30am satisfied.  I can't believe this was all the same day with everything I did, but today I'm paying for all of that running around.  At least I have a lobster dinner to grill up!  LOL

I did catch sculpin, swimmer crabs, octopus, snails, and sea hares, so there was at least something else to look at.  LOL

Well, thanks for reading.  I definitely got the birthday I was planning for. 
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

Once again Tom, Happy belated Birthday
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

jrodda

Happy belated birthday Tom! Hate when I forget the headlamp, good effort though.

Tim524

Ouch, no lights :o Glad you scratched some for a Birthday Dinner 8) Happy Belated Birthday :)

Latimeria

Quote from: Tim524 on February 26, 2024, 06:48:33 PM
Ouch, no lights :o Glad you scratched some for a Birthday Dinner 8) Happy Belated Birthday :)

I'm just glad I didn't crash into any rocks.