News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

First report here

Started by xjchad, April 03, 2015, 12:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xjchad

Finally back on the sand!
It's been awhile since I've been able to fish since I've been so busy with work and moving, etc.
Anyway, I was able to get out today for about 45 minutes on my lunch break.  Pretty big waves (3-5 ft), and strong downhill current. Not too much salad but the water was pretty stirred up.

No hits the whole time until my last cast. Got nailed after 2 or 3 cranks.  She fought good, even pulled a little drag.  As soon as I unhooked her and picked her up she started spitting out babies.  I scooped them up and threw them in the water then got a quick pic before releasing her.  Didn't have time to get out the tape, but I'm sure she was a solid 12", and thick.

Feels good to get back out there and get more confidence with the Lucky Craft   :D

Latimeria

Excellent!  Glad you got a nice perch on the LC!

Soon as this Southerly swell gives out, Big Game fishing should pick up a bit and the current should slow down.  That looks pretty fishy over there!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

raychavez91

Nice post man...I gotta get out there and throw the light stuff soon

Eric H

SevengillTheVC

In five years all I have on an LC is a mackeral. Nice going man!

WheresMyBeer

HalibutJoel99

I like the structure on that first picture. Good going on the catch.  8)

Pinoyfisher

That looks like a solid bass spot!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

xjchad

Thanks guys, glad to finally contribute a little.
Hopefully I'll have something more worthy of this site to post about soon.

sasquatch

That report is plenty worthy. Put up another one like it anytime.

vdisney

Quote from: SevengillTheVC on April 03, 2015, 03:45:36 PM
In five years all I have on an LC is a mackeral. Nice going man!

Don't complain brother, you got me beat by one.  :-\
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect