News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Record Striper

Started by Tim524, April 16, 2024, 08:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim524

I forgot to mention that right before we got to Lake Skinner last week, someone caught the Record Striper..... 33 Pounds. I was talking with one of the local fisherman that keeps his boat there and fishes the lake on a regular basis, he showed me a pic of the fish. The guy that caught it was in a canoe, can you imagine the sleigh ride ? The fish died and wasn't able to be released but I bet there are a few more Monsters in there, it's a good sized lake.

jrodda

Love stories of big stripers. Do you ever head over to Silverwood? I've heard they have a hefty population of 40lb+ stripers, with the record being 55.

Latimeria

33#? That's more of a mullet.....  lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

Spent almost a decade fishing the Sacramento River for stripers,  my largest was 28 lbs
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

Quote from: jrodda on April 16, 2024, 09:25:32 AM
Love stories of big stripers. Do you ever head over to Silverwood? I've heard they have a hefty population of 40lb+ stripers, with the record being 55.

I haven't been there since the 1970's. Back when Moby d!ck was just a sardine !

KogaHead

back in the 80s used to go to Silverwood and Skinner all the time

lots of small bass but fun
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Latimeria

33# for that lake is a really nice fish.  My PB was only 42, but that was an ocean fish.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.