News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

MB Long Rod session 4/4

Started by Pagzzz, April 05, 2015, 10:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pagzzz

decided to head out around sunset. Fiesta was a zoo, so I headed over to the Bahia where some friends were hanging out. Still getting used to casting big baits on some new setups, so dealt with poor casts and lots of birdnests, but still fun. Nothing big, but was plagued by bait stealers. Had one good run that buried into the grass and pulled the hook.

Great watching the moonrise!

sasquatch

First pic. Rod holder on left makes me nervous. Rod holder on right is downright scary. Not much holding the rod on either one of those.

On the bird nests, just keep at it. Practice is the only way. Unless you add a couple magnets. Better to learn first, then add magnets if you want.

raychavez91

WheresMyBeer

Quote from: sasquatch on April 05, 2015, 10:22:26 AM
First pic. Rod holder on left makes me nervous. Rod holder on right is downright scary. Not much holding the rod on either one of those.

;D ;D ;D

Jaws

Quote from: WheresMyBeer on April 05, 2015, 01:53:35 PM
Quote from: sasquatch on April 05, 2015, 10:22:26 AM

;D ;D ;D

Glad I wasn't the only one that saw that! LOL        X2 on the birds nests, just takes time and practice.
It's all Tom and Don's fault! They "hooked" me on mud marlins and sharks!

SNBF VI  Winner

Latimeria

It's tough fishing with all of this fine weather happening during Spring Break.  Glad you got out to try and meet up with some buds.

I do miss the winters though which keeps all of the people inside and leaves the bay to us fishermen.  Oh well, there is always hope for next year.

BTW, even if you have your clicker on and in free spool, that rod holder scares me also.  LOL
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pagzzz

Thanks for noticing the sketchy rod holders ... new ones are under construction and I didn't have time to modify these ones. I had the reels in freespool with the clicker on ... but one did take a swim. oops.

sasquatch

Glad to hear something is in the works. Sorry one had to take a dunking. Pretty much all of us have been there. Good chance to do some maintenance on the reel.

SevengillTheVC

I had an LX donated to the ocean, and that one was a good 15yds from the water. Even in freespool if a fish hits, your rod is a lever, and that initial strike may be enough for it to go over into the water, and away. Like squatch said, we've all learned the hard way. Next time you'll get some brownfins!

1morecast

That Okuma looks familiar  ;) Hopefully, you'll get a good bend on that rod soon.

P.S. I've learned the hardway on the rod holder issue too.  :-[
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

Jaws

Quote from: 1morecast on April 06, 2015, 12:18:30 PM
That Okuma looks familiar  ;) Hopefully, you'll get a good bend on that rod soon.

P.S. I've learned the hardway on the rod holder issue too.  :-[

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Now THATwas FUNNY!   

Sorry Binh, couldn't resist!
It's all Tom and Don's fault! They "hooked" me on mud marlins and sharks!

SNBF VI  Winner