News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Furiosa

Started by mdcesq, May 11, 2024, 06:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdcesq

Tom, are you ready?

Latimeria

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

mdcesq

Quote from: Latimeria on May 11, 2024, 04:44:24 PM
Quote from: mdcesq on May 11, 2024, 06:49:43 AM

Tom, are you ready?

I can't WAIT!

Same. I gotta start playing all the others in prep.

Latimeria

Well Mike!?!?!?

I decided to go and watch it solo yesterday.  I told the wife and daughter they can't go because they might ruin it for me, so I booked an IMAX theatre seat and went after work.  Totally empty theatre, but probably one of the best movies I've seen in years!  I really kept expectations low so I wouldn't be disappointed, but no need.  The biggest shock going in was Chris Hemsworth.  I for sure thought he was going to be the one part of the movie that might have ruined it for me, but he killed that role of Dementus!

I need to see it again as I think I missed a whole bunch of stuff trying to absorb that visual cocaine in one sitting....

Pinoyfisher

It was an awesome movie! Took my sons to see their 1st R rated movie and they loved it as well. They want to see other Mad Max movies.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

mdcesq

Amazing! I too wasn't sure about Hemsworth and I thought the show started off slow with him. But wow they really amped it up and he did a great job. So many layers and plot twists throughout. And it fed in perfectly to Fury Road at the end. Loved the bommy knocker as well. Unlike any war device we've seen before. I need to watch it again to pick up on all the nuances. Overall, really well done.

Latimeria

Great seeing you back on here Mike! How're you doing? Any fishing lately?

mdcesq

Quote from: Latimeria on September 04, 2024, 09:49:54 AMGreat seeing you back on here Mike! How're you doing? Any fishing lately?

All good here, Tom! Not as much fishing this year, but lots of RVing. We made our first trip to the MidWest and added three more states to our list (trying to hit all 50; about halfway there). I do have a cool fishing vid from Yellowstone I've been meaning to post. My son has it. I'll see if I can get it up here.

How are things on your end? I like the aesthetics of the new site!

Latimeria

Thanks.  My other site was so old, I almost lost it all so needed to update the website just to make sure all of the information was saved and better protected.