News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Have-A-Heart Hunting

Started by Latimeria, May 13, 2024, 08:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

My game trail cam broke, but I suspect a Racoon or Possum wreaking havoc in my garden.  My wife wants no harm to come to it, so I have to get tricky with the trap in order to catch it.

I just finished taking my NyQuil because of the bug and was ready to hit the sack at 11:00.  I decided to check the trap before bed just in case since I didn't want to deal with a pissed nocturnal animal in the day.  Sure as hell, there it was....

Well, I wish the animal transfers went as well as this one.  Put him in the truck (covered).  Ran down to the campground and found a tree filled spot near the dumpsters and off he went.  Didn't even let out a screech at all, just walked right out after opening it and went right up the tree. 

I think the wife was bummed that I relocated "Slobber", but I have this feeling I might see him again i a month or so.  Just a hunch, but I hope I'm wrong.  lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

vdisney

Possums give me the weebies, they look like a giant rat
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Ethansauce_

All I'm saying is that it would've made a sick hat....
Getting skunked on land, pier, and kayak since 01'
@ethansauce_

KogaHead

Quote from: Ethansauce_ on May 15, 2024, 09:12:24 AM
All I'm saying is that it would've made a sick hat....

Or coyote food.
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Latimeria

f@ck.  I had the boat hooked up and ready to leave when I decided to check the trap...  I was like yeah!  I caught a Racoo......... SKUNK!?!?!?  Noooooo!

I told my wife that I was going to throw and blanket over it and take care of it when I get home....  That didn't get translated well, and I realized I needed to gown up and prepare for a dousing.  In all my years dealing with animals, I've never had to deal with a live skunk.  I heard they were nightmares, so I just decided to grab my waders, Raincoat, and a face shield.

I took my time and was very quiet moving it so it wouldn't spray.  I even put it in a 55-gallon drum so the stench wouldn't permeate the truck.

Thankfully it never sprayed and I let him go about 3 miles from the house.  Time to reload the truck and get the boat out fishing!

Latimeria

Before bed last night I decided to check the garden and low and behold....  teenage skunks in there and I watched them squeeze right through my fence!  NO BUENO!

Wife won't let me shoot them, so I spent today adding some extra security for the stinky kind.

2 feet of 1" chicken wire along the base should keep them from squirting through, but I won't know for sure until tomorrow.  Oh please god... I'm done with these urban garden bandits!

sasquatch

Just think how much cheaper those veggies would be at Ralph's.

vdisney

Quote from: sasquatch on May 19, 2024, 08:27:17 PM

Too Funny
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

I too had to put chicken wire on the Chain Link Fence portion of my garden, damn rabbits squeezed right thru and raped my corn a couple years ago. The struggle is real !!!

Latimeria

It's about the same if I shopped for all organic.  The tomatoes alone actually save me a lot of money ...and I don't have to deal with the beggars at the entrance and the lane hogging Karen's in all of the isles.  I like to call it a wash. lol

sasquatch

Quote from: Latimeria on May 20, 2024, 07:30:24 AM

It's about the same if I shopped for all organic.  The tomatoes alone actually save me a lot of money ...and I don't have to deal with the beggars at the entrance and the lane hogging Karen's in all of the isles.  I like to call it a wash. lol

Tomatoes are gross. The rest is valid

KogaHead

low level electrification will do the trick
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)