News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Blowing off Steam (5/15)

Started by Latimeria, May 16, 2024, 01:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

After getting the news about my job, I decided to run down to the puddles amd soak some lines.  Plan was to see if there was any holdover trout, but half the lake is closed for construction.  All of my good spots are closed and it didn't help my mood.  Then Bass guy walks right up next to me and starts casting standing at my rod.  He could feel the tension....

Well, I got a new record... SEVEN Pond Chickens in one session!

Then I got a few real bites, but as you can see, it was quite the sprint to get to them so I ended up missing a few.  I finally got on the board with a 1.25# cat...  Not even enough for a hush puppy.  Well, no more puddles until construction is done.

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

Bummer about....well literally almost everything in this post. Hope the fresh air was worth it at least.

Latimeria

Quote from: jrodda on May 16, 2024, 02:47:34 PM
Bummer about....well literally almost everything in this post. Hope the fresh air was worth it at least.
It was... That and I brought a few strong beers in with me.

I'm using all of this to make some sort of turn.  I think since I now have my end date for my work, I might make one last big push for Prehistoric Soul.  That and I plan on USING some days mid-week to actually fish instead of being imprisoned like I have been the last few years.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

Quote from: Latimeria on May 17, 2024, 08:35:28 AMI think since I now have my end date for my work.

What is the time line Tom?  You're in my thoughts my friend
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

Sorry to hear about your job, that's rough !  I'm sure you will bounce back soon enough. A little breather in the meantime to regroup and collect your thoughts might be a good thing and now is the perfect time to go to The Sierras, Trout everywhere !!