News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Dana Point

Started by Tim524, May 16, 2024, 08:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim524

Got an invite to fish with Captain Dave Hansen to celebrate his Father's Legacy in the Sport Fishing World. Got to the dock to drizzly conditions and met up with the guys, got bait and headed out.

Made our way South and stayed shallow in hopes for Halibut, but they were not home

Kept moving and I got a Sand Bass, my only fish of the day !

Conditions were not good as far as water , Red Tide and not much current. Only about 15 fish were caught all day but we had a great time anyway.Got back to the dock about 4pm and took a group shot.

Hung out at the restaurant and had dinner with everyone to celebrate Don Hansen, it was nice. Got back home about 7:30pm, long day since I left at 4am. Hope to get The Cyclops out soon to get Rock Fish, why this boat didn't go for them I'm not sure but the other boat that did target them, they loaded up.

The weather needs to get consistent, I want SUNSHINE !!!

Latimeria

I'm going to call you Tim "The Rainmaker".  Wherever you go, you bring the drizzle.  Dave brings the Dark Cloud and you bring the precip.  lol

Nicely done on the turd roller.  Yep, would have been a better choice to go for rockfish, bt it probably felt good fishing for other stuff.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

Quote from: Latimeria on May 17, 2024, 08:40:42 AM
I'm going to call you Tim "The Rainmaker".  Wherever you go, you bring the drizzle.  Dave brings the Dark Cloud and you bring the precip.  lol

Nicely done on the turd roller.  Yep, would have been a better choice to go for rockfish, bt it probably felt good fishing for other stuff.

I can't seem to get any sunshine lately but it was nice to spend the day with 5 Captains, they all had different styles and techniques and it was a great learning experience. Pretty expensive Sand Bass though !!

jrodda

5 captains and 15 fish woof. Always felt as a deckhand that the most skilled charter groups always had the toughest days, and the newbie groups always had the crazy bite. Glad you had a great time, sounds like a cool unique trip.

skrilla

Hey that's quite the cast of characters you were with! The stories alone were probably worth the ticket.