News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Boring and Bumpy 5/19

Started by jrodda, May 19, 2024, 01:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrodda

0600 launch. Windier in the morning than expected. Bumpy right out the gate and stayed about the same with 5-10mph wind all morning. I wanted to record more underwater footage going toward Newport.

Really don't have much to say. Got one bite early on, jack sh!t for the rest of the day. Footage shows the bass weren't around. Reasonably clear water today, 10-20' at the bottom with a decent blue tint. Still cloudy so could have been better. Saw some marks here and there but they were mostly junk blacksmith and smelt, some seƱoritas...didn't see any bass at all except for two spots. Rough! Just like the ride back to the harbor. Bird activity became more apparent as the morning went on.

No pics, footage isn't really worth posting. Good for knowing the bottom composition, but no sick school shots or biters. But if you wanna see some shaky footage of cruising past empty scattered rocks and telephone poles, then you may persuade me.

Time for a nap.

Latimeria

Ugh... Sounds like much of the fleet yesterday down here.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

I was wondering about the Red Tide, sounds like it might be clearing up a bit. Be glad you were on the water having fun and not playing with a rototiller all day !