News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

60 miles

Started by Latimeria, May 30, 2024, 07:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Too far for my sled, but they're on their way!  These aren't Koga's AZ sewer trout I'm talking about, but real fish.   ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

KogaHead

Sewer trout taste great with enough tartar sauce on it
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Latimeria

Quote from: KogaHead on May 30, 2024, 09:48:54 AM
Sewer trout taste great with enough tartar sauce on it

There he is!  Just making sure you're alright and still hanging around.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

I heard they might have passed even closer recently...too windy for me to bother this weekend.

KogaHead

Quote from: jrodda on May 30, 2024, 11:32:22 AM
I heard they might have passed even closer recently...too windy for me to bother this weekend.

you are a gray haired vagina, go get them
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

jrodda

Quote from: KogaHead on May 30, 2024, 11:45:28 AM
Quote from: jrodda on May 30, 2024, 11:32:22 AM

you are a gray haired vagina, go get them

If I wanted a 7 hour trip for some penny flavored meat I'd wine and dine you this weekend buddy, but I think I'll stick to the sand for some decent tides.

Chris

Have you looked closer?
Keep it tight

Tim524

I'm still trying to figure out all the hype about these fish. Is it the thrill of the hunt or do they taste great ?  There are better tasting fish in the ocean than Tuna, I guess I will have to get The Cyclops in on the action one of these days, just not sure I want to be sore and wrecked for a week after, I am a Senior Citizen you know ! Ha Ha Ha

jrodda

Quote from: Tim524 on June 13, 2024, 07:48:31 AM
I'm still trying to figure out all the hype about these fish. Is it the thrill of the hunt or do they taste great ?  There are better tasting fish in the ocean than Tuna, I guess I will have to get The Cyclops in on the action one of these days, just not sure I want to be sore and wrecked for a week after, I am a Senior Citizen you know ! Ha Ha Ha

Short answer is yes, hype for all the above, go find at least one bluefin foamer before you decide to never do it again. Life is short Timmy!!!!!

It's super rewarding to read all your temp and chloro charts, get out there and watch the sea life give you clues throughout the day, watch the water color go from green to blue to purple, then suddenly find out of the vast seemingly empty expanse of water, one foamer from the size of a car to several football fields, of trophy gamefish, bigger than some sea mammals, going absolutely bananas on the surface. That alone is worth it. Epic Nat Geo stuff, the first time is just unbelievable.

People say the fight is second to few. I felt like my one came in sorta quick last year but some of them will put you and your gear through it.

The meat is great if you handle it right, ie bleed out immediately and keep on ice for several hours to a day or more before even cutting. Does not freeze well compared to yellowfin, so give some away and/or have epic cookouts with sashimi and BBQ tuna steaks and everything in between. Somebody brought some fresh bft into work and we had some great poke the other day, so I think my next one will be enjoyed for a couple weeks at my house and otherwise given away at work.

As far as yanking on them with your senior cyborg body...I think a lot of people make it harder on themselves than it has to be. Just put the reel right up to your armpit, only put a slight bend in the rod, let the fish fight the reel, and it won't take too long to get it to the boat. All else fails, sacrifice your children to the fish. Wooorth iiiiiit.

vdisney

Quote from: jrodda on June 13, 2024, 11:34:57 AMSomebody brought some fresh bft into work and we had some great poke the other day

Where you working Jeremy?
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

jrodda

Quote from: vdisney on June 14, 2024, 10:18:35 AM
Quote from: jrodda on June 13, 2024, 11:34:57 AMSomebody brought some fresh bft into work and we had some great poke the other day

Where you working Jeremy?

Shimano! Reel technician again.

KogaHead

Quote from: Tim524 on June 13, 2024, 07:48:31 AM

Big reel.

Lots of line.

Medium drag setting.
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)