News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Torrey Pines Surf Stripahs! (7/14)

Started by Latimeria, July 15, 2024, 03:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

Woohoo!!!!

Andrew wanted to stalk the surf looking for butts, bass or WSB, so I had him meet me at Torrey.  Met an old school guy (LC) fishing corbina by the inlet and shot the sh!t with him for a moment while Andrew and I were plugging the area.  It wasn't long before I caught my first butt, (18" model).

Andrew got a couple of hits, but the inlet already had too many people fishing it so we moved down.  Before we moved, I noticed that LC switched up to a Krocodile spoon and abandoned the corbina hunt.  lol

Surf was nice, but nothing happening.  Then we see a small little trough and stopped to fish it.  My confidence was sinking until I hear Andrew yell "I'm On!".

Sure as hell, he caught his first halibut, and a surf halibut to boot!

A stunner!

Literally my next cast and I get slammed!

Surf butt #2!

A few casts later and my line snaps on a cast... f@ck, there goes my LC up to the moon and crash-landed way too far for my ass to find since it's a sinker, so I tied up a C-Rig and had some crack in my bag.

Well, I knew the bite was going to be hot with the gulp and it was, but for small stuff.  I didn't take my phone out of the bag but used my waterproof camera for these guys so I didn't have to walk all the way back out of the water.

Well, you heard of "Skrilla Fish", now here's the "JRodda Fish" since he loves catching them!  lol

No shortage of palm sized perch either.

We kept working the area and I missed a few screamers, but think I saw a bat ray at the end of the line.  In any case, they never got hooked well enough.

Then, I had a screamer and I knew this was a real fish.  First thought was a striper!  Then I saw it.  My first frijole of 2024!  I forgot how fun these things are on light line!

Then the miracle happened.  Between sets I was looking in the water and HOLY sh!t!  MY LC!!!!!  I literally threw my arm in and grabbed it.  How the hell di that thing wash in as a sinking lure and how the hell did I even see it in some random blink of an eye!  In any case, it was the recovery of the year, if not decade!  LOL

Well, we called it since I had to get back home for a party, but what a fun morning of fishing!

Andrew unfortunately left his phone in his pocket and killed it in all of the waves, so ran to get a new phone.  He went back later that day and got a nice turd roller in the surf to bump up his counts.  Yes, a bass with stripes.  LOL

Thanks for reading!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

KogaHead

2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

jrodda

Nice jrodstroker, really nice session. Super lucky LC recovery...unreal.

The beans moved in heavy up here, seemingly everywhere but my favorite quiet beach. Getting me excited. Jared's dad got a 24"+ last week, lucky ol bastid.

jrodda

Great sesh! Nice jrodstroker. Super lucky on that LC...

Beans seem to be in full swing up here, everywhere except my favorite quiet little stretch of beach, of course. Jared's dad got a 24"+ the other day.

vdisney

Gotta luv days when the bite is on, stoked you found your LC
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

It could only happen to you, that's all I got !