News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

27th Annual Pig Party

Started by Tim524, July 22, 2024, 09:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim524

Well, it was time to cook another pig in the ground and keep the tradition alive. First we had to get the pit ready, cleaned out, tin removed and kindling installed.

Can't do it without Cheez, so he loaded up his Rig and came out from Arizona, along with Brandi and Peyton. They set up shop and it was Go Time !

We took Bad Pig to get the Keg and the pig !

Time to season,stuff and wrap it up.

We lit the fire about 5pm, the flame looks alive !!!

All this wood went int the pit over a 7 hour period.

Now it's time to lower the pig into the pit, not easy with 300 Lbs. of dead weight and massive amount of heat but we did it.

Time to cover it up !

I usually do The Death Walk, Aaron wanted to do it this time.

Check for leaks

I am amazed because the boys have watched me do this for so many years now that they don't really need instruction, I think the torch has been passed on and they are quite capable of doing this.......Proud moment for me to see this happening !!! My 3 boys and their friends, along with Cheez and a few more buddies, we made for a fun evening.

14 hours later, it's time to dig it up. Saturday July 20th at 4pm, it is 100 degrees outside, perfect weather to dig in !!!  Ha Ha

Onto the table and time to reveal the Goodness. Rick and Cheez like to do The Honors, it smells amazing. The party is going full Bendo at this point !

The food line was growing and I kept taking pics

There was a Squatch sighting, hope he signed the Guest Book.

We fed the Fire Crew and the Ambulance Crew, they were a small group this year cause there was a fire up North.

Save room for Dessert !

Little Italy was in the House and taking pics too !

Our yard was packed and Janie and I tried to mingle with everyone, cause we don't get to see them often.

Adult Beverages were flowing

Some of our High School class showed up, very cool we all still hang out !

Long weekend and Timmy was wearing thin, but well worth every minute !!!

All good things must end and Sunday was upon us, time to say goodbye. All the other RV''s left and Cheez was the last one out the gate. Before he left he gave me a Gaff he made for The Cyclops

This pit will be hot for another 2 weeks

Aaron loaded the Jump House and all the stuff he got from SDG&E into his truck and we took everything back to their yard in Kearny Mesa

Thanks for reading the long post, time to fish !!

sasquatch

Had a great time. There's a guest book?

Latimeria

WOW, you really know how to throw a party!  Bravo boss!

I was hanging with my Uncle from the Bronx who was out visiting from the East Coast and I don't think he's seen that much dirt in his entire life.  It's all black top for him.   
It's great to see Squatch made it up there to enjoy some of that fine looking swine.

I'll get back up there one of these years.  Last time I brought the heavy rains.

Thanks for the post as always.  You have definitely passed the torch to your kids as they look like pros.

One last thing.... you need to hunt some tuna if you want to use that gaff! 
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

KogaHead

Awesome time! How would one crash this party.
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Tim524

Quote from: KogaHead on July 23, 2024, 08:10:10 AM

Follow Cheez from Arizona and join the fun .

Latimeria

Quote from: Tim524 on July 23, 2024, 09:16:05 AM

Unfortunately, AZ took Koga's license away because he's too old to drive.  He's an OG Coffin Dodger....

vdisney

Damn dude, I'm speechless.  Seriously, I don't have the words............awesome
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

How do you keep Mongo away from that hot hole?  Is it covered up again?

KogaHead

Quote from: Latimeria on July 23, 2024, 03:18:49 PM

Unfortunately, AZ took Koga's license away because he's too old to drive.  He's an OG Coffin Dodger....

Do not need a license to drive. Only need one if you get caught.
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

jrodda

Wow what an event! You really fed the whole town. Looks like a real grand event, and the food looks awesome as always.

Tim524

Quote from: Latimeria on July 24, 2024, 05:45:09 AM
How do you keep Mongo away from that hot hole?  Is it covered up again?

The tin is over the hole, it will be hot for about 2-3 weeks so he will stay away .

KogaHead

Cheez, next year I will swing by and pick you up.

Let me know when and where.
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Pinoyfisher

I gained weight just looking at the all food pics! I'll be there next year, I promise!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)