News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Definitely Not Cannon Beach 8/10

Started by jrodda, August 31, 2024, 01:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrodda

Bailed on taking the boat out and settled for a little surf fishing session. Low tide 0650 1.5', arrived at 0800 and fished til 0930. Lots of big kelp clumps washed up but stayed off my line for the most part. No sand crabs! Maybe they show up at high tide. Was hoping for beans but only saw one splash in front of me. South swell was mellow but some people catching waves. Not too many surfers though.

Skunk breaker mini bat.

First BSP since May! Seems like they won't touch the white/pearl grubs unlike the YFC, but MORF will always win their little hearts. This one had 2 parasites stuck to the tail. One was easy to remove, the other I had to fkn dissect to get off. Seemed to have screwed with the perch's keel as it twisted away initially, but it didn't wash back up. Tried to do it a favor but might not have worked out...

Only one other bite the whole morning. Nice little sand therapy. Might have fished this morning (Sunday) as well but was able to get help switching out the water pump on my outboard from a friend, needed that to confidently get out for the rest of the pelagic season.

Latimeria

I thought I responded? 

You were correct.  Not like Canon Beach.  lol

Ha, I'm trying to be a great Papa to my grand daughter since we were blessed for having her the night, tonight.  My plans were to work on the website, but I'll have to get to it tomorrow.  She's growing up so fast.

Thanks for checking in Jeremy.  Are you getting in the football pool?  I don't think I remember the Rodda signed up.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.