News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

14 And Back 9/8

Started by jrodda, September 08, 2024, 02:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrodda

0630 launch from Dana Point, right about sunrise, right behind the Sum Fun heading out on a 3/4 day.

Headed out toward the 14, trying not to make a straight line though. Flat as could be to start, but a 5-8mph head wind turned things choppy fairly quick.

Ran into some terns a few miles west of the point, but they were acting manic and not correlating to any life below. Studied them for about 10 minutes before moving on.

Another hour and change to the 14 which was a bumpy, lifeless slog, interrupted by intersecting with several boats in the middle of nowhere. Wondering why they were there. Wondering why I was there! The 14 was totally dead, and I was eating sh!t with 3' chop and white caps. Not worth it. Ran back toward Laguna coast, wind cleaned up once I crossed the 3nm line. One spot of dolphins going the other way but that was it. Got back to the dock around 1130. No serious drama there, just 95º in the parking lot. 111º on the freeway on the way back, had about 5 minutes of AC for the 45 minute car ride.

No marlin! I know somebody who can say otherwise though...can't win 'em all. But my Fins have so far, 1-0!

Tim524

Sucks when the wind has to ruin a good day >:(  I heard someone hooked a few Marlin and Landed one for dinner ;D

Latimeria

Glad you got out to look for them.  In 2 weeks, I've raised/seen probably 2 dozen.  We were watching one jump just 2 miles outside the jetty!

It's great reading the reports again.  Thanks Jeremy!  I'm sure Koga will chime in soon.  LOL
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

I got faith Jeremy, you'll hang one
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect