News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Fishing New Zealand??

Started by Ethansauce_, September 12, 2024, 07:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethansauce_

I know this might be a stretch but I was wondering if anyone here has ever fished, or knows someone who has, in New Zealand? I'll be doing some geology research down there for 10ish weeks starting January 2025. Like any normal person, I want to take full advantage of the opportunity and should have enough time to give the fishery an honest go. I'll be splitting time between the north and south islands and will be posted up next to beaches or major lakes for most of it. I'm also hoping to sneak off to Australia for a week or two at the end, if I can work it into the budget. If anyone has any intel or contacts they'd be willing to share, I'd really appreciate it!
Getting skunked on land, pier, and kayak since 01'
@ethansauce_

jrodda

Absolutely no useful info will come from me on it but hope you do your research and come up big on cool fish.

I really love watching Ultimate Fishing on youtube which is a Kiwi dude who's a REALLY great stick. He's more private boat oriented so I don't think it will translate much to your plans if you're planning to hit the shore as much as possible, which is what I would probably do naturally.

Looking forward to the report...

Latimeria

Yeah, same here.  I know what I've read over the years and know there are some monster rainbow and brown trout out there!  As for the salt, I always hear the King's are King.  Sorry I couldn't be more help, but will reach out to a buddy who's been there.  I haven't talked to him in a while, but I'll see if I can get any intel if I can even get a hold of him again.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.