News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Marlin Kabobs

Started by Latimeria, September 14, 2024, 09:17:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

With that marlin, we got a lot of great loin meat off that thing and it looked beautiful!

I grabbed everything from my garden (except the pineapple) and got ready for some SD Marlin Kabobs!

A little Teriyaki, sesame seeds, salt and pepper.

Drizzled a mandarin sauce on it while it cooked on the grill.

Off the grill in about 10 minutes and absolutely spectacular!

First marlin of every year might be a harvest for me....  I'll have to be convinced otherwise.  LOL

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

Been looking forward to what you do with that marlin. That looks like great meat. Is it comparable to any other species? I've heard all kinds of opinions on it, and I have to believe a lot of the negative opinions out there are to make people CnR.

Latimeria

It's fantastic. It reminds me of mako.

We bled, gilled, and gutted right away and dropped it in the RSW. Most people don't have a big enough cooler for it or want to keep the blood and guts in to weigh it back at the docks. Damn things sit out for hours in the sun and probably tastes as you would expect.

So far out of everything I shared with people, they were all really impressed. It was even good raw.

Latimeria

...also I heard the best eating marlin is the striped marlin (per Tombo who lived in Hawaii)

vdisney

Looks firgg'n incredible Tom
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524