News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

108.5" of prehistoric soul

Started by raychavez91, April 16, 2015, 11:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WheresMyBeer

raychavez91

I definitely think it would be sweet to get the wait of some of these 7's and soups. I'm all for it...I just don't known if between 2 people we'd be able to lift a 9fter lol

Eric H

From the 7s ive seen theve got big ol' beer guts.. ;D

Also, I was thinkin earlier today...

From what ive gathered most of us use 2-3ft. of wire leaders

If a 7s pushin 100" plus and they deep throated the hook I would think they'd be swimmin off with our rigs.

Correct me if im wrong but I would think a 7 that size, their stomach would be sitting further back than 3 ft.

faster u fool

Damn guys that looks like Florida sharkin..Bravo.
GET OUT AND GET BIT..

j.rasta

Quote from: raychavez91 on April 18, 2015, 10:21:48 AM
I definitely think it would be sweet to get the wait of some of these 7's and soups. I'm all for it...I just don't known if between 2 people we'd be able to lift a 9fter lol

If squatch summons his inner yeti he can curl that solo B) but he's too lazy to lug the tarp and scale around... ;)

raychavez91

SevengillTheVC

Quote from: Eric H on April 18, 2015, 08:33:50 PM
From the 7s ive seen theve got big ol' beer guts.. ;D

Also, I was thinkin earlier today...

From what ive gathered most of us use 2-3ft. of wire leaders

If a 7s pushin 100" plus and they deep throated the hook I would think they'd be swimmin off with our rigs.

Correct me if im wrong but I would think a 7 that size, their stomach would be sitting further back than 3 ft.

I don't think so, I don't think their gullet is more than 1/3rd of their body in. Plus remember if gut hooked they do you the favor of punching their gut out, giving you a little leeway. I was just thinking today also, why no jaw shot? And why no sticker shot, he would've been a good candidate!?

raychavez91

We were just in such a rush to release it, and far from the gear that it didn't even occur to do those, I do regret it tho :-\

j.rasta

Quote from: raychavez91 on April 19, 2015, 09:47:35 AM
We were just in such a rush to release it, and far from the gear that it didn't even occur to do those, I do regret it tho :-\

Keeping the fishes health as priority is the business! Very cool! gettin "caught up in the moment " is easy to do when it's "the fish of a lifetime " but we all know sharks and rays are like catfish, they swim off pretty quick as soon as they get some flowing water in em B)

WheresMyBeer

PS Party Foul ... LOL ...

Woulda been the sticker contest winner for sure ... though I'm considering strapping one to my ass for pure shock value ...  :D :D

sasquatch

Quote from: WheresMyBeer on April 19, 2015, 10:57:41 PM

Woulda been the sticker contest winner for sure ... though I'm considering strapping one to my ass for pure shock value ...  :D :D

That would get my vote.

Latimeria

I would have had to photoshop that to save any innocent eyes.  LOL
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Jaws

Quote from: sasquatch on April 20, 2015, 04:45:34 AM

That would get my vote.

That would get me tossing my cookies! :o
It's all Tom and Don's fault! They "hooked" me on mud marlins and sharks!

SNBF VI  Winner