News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Stealing my Daughter' Nail Polish and Art Supplies

Started by Latimeria, April 27, 2015, 02:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

I'm losing my mind during this recovery process, so I've been looking for ways to get my fishing gear in order to prep for my return.

I saw that all of my lead heads in my plastic swimmy box were just unpainted gray lead heads.  My daughter has a bunch of nail polish on her dresser, so I decided to look and see if any of the colors would work for what I needed.  I also found some glitter from my younger daughters art projects at school and quick rounded everything up to begin work.

I had some spare eyes in my crafting box, but they wouldn't attach to round heads, so I fixed that problem.

Perfect eye size!

I painted each with some different colors and clears and then sprinkled some glitter on the top before it dried.

I put on another coat and attached the eyes.

I tried to match some of the colors I had in plastics to make it all look like one neat little bait.

Here are a few of the colors I painted up.  The nail polish gets super hard, so should do well when fishing the bays.
Brown with a few different scale effects.

Reds

Clears and Blues...

Even if they don't work, I got some good looking leads!   ;D
Well my bay box is all together and I'm going to test my back in another 2 weeks.  I'll start small before moving back up to the big game in the surf.

If you couldn't tell, I am bored out of my mind and don't watch much TV.

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

Lol!!!! Some of my best work comes out when I'm bored! Digging your "bored" posts. If I ever get bored enough, I'll try my hand at wrapping a blank I have sitting in the garage for the 1st time.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

Wow. Hope you didn't loosen the books in the lead. Hate to see you come back with just the eye tied on. ;)

Latimeria

Quote from: sasquatch on April 27, 2015, 05:00:16 PM
Wow. Hope you didn't loosen the books in the lead. Hate to see you come back with just the eye tied on. ;)
They're good, but there's only one way to really find out!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

WheresMyBeer