News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Heartbreak City ... Again ... 4/29/15

Started by WheresMyBeer, April 29, 2015, 11:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WheresMyBeer

Had a Soup on ... busted the 80lb  >:( >:(

Will post up tomorrow ... I'm old.

Edit:

Really not much more I can add to "PHUCK lost another one"

Got off work around 4:30 and the plan was to double dip - Bay then quick shot North for the surf. Paul's been on a 'O'fer streak in the bay (4 trips?) and was looking for payday. Side note - he even bracketed my rods last time out.  ;D ;D ;D

It was quiet for the first hour then Paul gets a screamer. A TOAD. He's still looking for the 50" club, but the Bouncer at the door won't let him in. DENIED entrance yet again .... **POP***
The ray gave us a token boil, as if to show what he could've had ... way out mid-channel too ... bummer  :-\

Tap here tap there for the next 1/2 hour and Paul goes again. This time lands it. Not tape worthy but skunk removing ...

The BS side of Rammer ...

Not bad ... it did have a nice long spike which Paul trophied. His first keeper stinger.

Light was fading so we started to pack up for the surf. Paul left his 6ft spike at home, so ghetto rigged two smaller spikes.  ;D ;D
Whatever ... worked fine!

Oh yeah - It's the Team Rammer 2015 Fishing Tour this year

Not much happened in the surf except a few calicos and other minor taps. Lost my whole set up and top shot on a monster kelp I couldn't move (stoked). Paul had a hit that took the sputnik instead of the bait (can't figure that one out)  :o
Wasn't until literally my LAST piece of bait, last cast, that my rod goes screaming. Give three solid tugs to make sure that hook is buried ( ;)) and its running hard.
Start feeling the hard tail thumps ... thump ... thump ... thump ....

[sigh] .........

that was fresh 80lb it broke through. Not sure what else I could have done.

Sat back down and finished THIS

Conditions were great but sounds like there may be a building swell.

Get out and get bit!!

Late~WMB

Latimeria

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

WheresMyBeer

6:30am buzzer ... that's what up ... LOL ...

Latimeria

Crap. I'm never up at midnight anymore, but the back surgery has me all f@cked up.
I meant, what's up with all the lost soupies? They are kicking your butt Pretty good! ;)

sasquatch

vdisney

It's better to have souped and lost, than to never have souped at all   :'(
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Pinoyfisher

Quote from: vdisney on April 30, 2015, 06:13:43 AM
It's better to soup and lost than to never have souped at all   :'(

Exactly!!

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

raychavez91

Tim524

WheresMyBeer

Quote from: Tim524 on April 30, 2015, 10:42:52 AM
A really good soup requires a fork ! ;D

Funny you say that.

It really does feel like eating broth with a fork.

1 for 6 now ...  >:(

Latimeria

Great report as always, Dave.  Holy crap, I about lost it with Paul and his 2 taped together rod holders...  Something bad is inevitable!  LOL

Eric H

Bummer on the lost one, things will turn around.

raychavez91

Damn that's a biotch, sorry for the record :-X

Latimeria

It looks like you may get a Soupie Plaque if you lose anymore. He he, Steve loves his!

WheresMyBeer

At least it would have a "1" ...  :P :P

Sandspike update. Tape has been removed. Order has been restored ...  ;D ;D