News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Drones

Started by WheresMyBeer, May 14, 2015, 08:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WheresMyBeer

I've been watching / interested in drones for some time now ... but never wanted to drop the coin and deal with actually piloting the craft.

This is pretty damn cool and $499 with a preorder. Watch the video. It flies with you and shoots vid using a Tony Stark sort of wrist band  :D. You set the range and type of flight path, but autonomous flight lets you focus on your activity.

http://www.lily.camera

Latimeria

Unreal...  I need to see it in action first.  A pre-ordered new invention always looks to good to be true, but pretty damn sweet!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

WheresMyBeer

This is another one. Wearable drone (pops off your wrist and flies up) but think the Lily has a better flight system.

http://flynixie.com

My company just held a Drone conference but more from the angle of communications and internet hot spots. Still some cool stuff being touted on the consumer side.

;D

Pinoyfisher

Gonna keep my eye on the that Lily one, looks so f'ing cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Eric H

Need drones to deploy baits

Latimeria

I finally saw the Lily video in action.  That is some pretty sweet stuff!  How killer would that be hooking up on the troll or hitting high flying dodo's on a paddy with that thing hovering overhead!

WheresMyBeer

Exactly what I had in mind.

;)

Latimeria

I saw a great video of some dude coming out of his house with a 12 gauge eyeing a drone over his property.  The first shot missed, but was money on the second shot!

Latimeria