News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Southcoast Custom Rods - Rainshadow 1508 Long Rod

Started by Latimeria, May 15, 2015, 07:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latimeria

I have two custom rods being made by friends.  The funniest thing is they are 3,000 miles apart.

My VA beach buddy who is tying up a new long rod for me just sent a picture...  I'll share later, but between the two coastal styles... I'm going to be like a kid in the candy store!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Eric H

Love having custom rods built.

Had one made in Florida not long ago..

Latimeria

Damn, he send me a few short vids, but I'm having trouble uploading it to Photobucket.  I'm still working on it, but I am pretty damn stoked as it is a sweet looking rod!

WheresMyBeer

Ha you're giddy as sh!t ...  ;D ;D ;D

Look forward to seeing them Tom

8) 8)

Latimeria

He3 sent me a few teasers.

He sent me a third one, but I don't know how to save it.  It's the best of the three also especially for what he did.   8)

skrilla

Love the work table art!

Chris

Tom your like a kid in a candy store right now. I know the feeling! I get this way building my own rods and scream inside when I do something cool. haha.

I can't wait to see the finished products (in something better the 240p) and see the smile on your face when you land something on them! make sure you send the builder pics of your first fish!
Keep it tight

Latimeria

Rod smiths are all alike... I got a teaser picture from him and said he had to field test it before sending it out to me.  lol

skrilla

That's gonna look killer.

Latimeria

Just heard it was getting shipped here really soon.  I think I'll only fish with Len's rod when boat fishing and Andrew's rod when surf fishing for the rest of the year.  lol

Latimeria

It's going in the mail today!  I told him I'm only a few sharks away from the top of the leaderboard and he wants this stick to take me to the top.  How can I argue with that? lol

Latimeria

So Fed Ex showed up this morning bearing a gift for me... Oh what could it be?

In the sounds of Angels Heralding...."AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Titanium ALPS guides.

Killer weave patterns!

Of course, the Logo...

Reel is mounted and ready for battle!

I'm done with gear for the year!

sasquatch

skrilla

That turned out nice. Can't wait for some bendo shots.

Pinoyfisher

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)