News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Twas Rough Out!!! 05-19

Started by Pinoyfisher, May 21, 2015, 12:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinoyfisher

Some big a$$ waves and monster amounts of kelp greeted us. We gave it a go anyways. Armed with macks. Rising tide. Hopes were high. Did I mention the surf was UP?!!!!

Multiple bites for me resulted in this:

Kept me wanting to cast out more baits. Had a couple solid rod thumps that I wasn't quick enough for a hook-set. What a tease! Binh was the only one closest to resembling a hooked fish, but... you guessed it... operator error... LOL!! Jk, something happened and his line gave up on him. I was super excited for a hot minute though! I did want him to land it, always cool to see a bud hook up! Our first skunk in a long time, but lessons were still learned and will be applied to our next foray.

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

vdisney

Quote from: Pinoyfisher on May 21, 2015, 12:16:22 AM
but lessons were still learned and will be applied to our next foray.

It's all a learning curve, you'll get 'em next time............V
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

sasquatch

I get lessons all the time. I only learn from some of them. Just keep going to school.

Latimeria

Yep, we were out that night also and holy crap, The surf was up!  2-3 footers my ass, they were more like 4-6 or more at times.

Well done and I was rooting for Binh!  I had a dollar riding on that horse, but he let me down so now I'm going to take him out back and shoot him.  LOL
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

You guys are learning lessons and sharpening your skills .......I am still waiting for the bus :-[

Latimeria

Quote from: Tim524 on May 21, 2015, 07:15:31 AM
You guys are learning lessons and sharpening your skills .......I am still waiting for the bus :-[

You're still down Tim?  Wow... I hope things improve for you.  You might need to get out for a bay soaking adventure soon if at all possible or even a surf session!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

1morecast

Quote from: Latimeria on May 21, 2015, 06:23:57 AM
Well done and I was rooting for Binh!  I had a dollar riding on that horse, but he let me down so now I'm going to take him out back and shoot him.  LOL

Don't count me out yet. It was an odd night with the unexpected high surf. As we are about to call it for the night I get a nice run, the blood was pumping for a minute. (felt like the right kind too, with some head shakes) Going and getting the 100lb rub leader today and rigging baits now with trap hooks.  >:(
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

WheresMyBeer

The race ... the race ... who to bet on ... :P

Always a next time!